Monday, April 29, 2013

San Francisco 2013

Hello from San Francisco! I'm am attending AERA this week and have a couple of days without any presentations. Needless to say I am spending my free time checking out the city. Spent some time at Union square this morning then headed over to the trolly station.  I took the trolley to Ghiradelli Square to acquire some awesome chocolate then headed back to the hotel. On the return trip I got to stand on the outside! I am now in many, many random tourists' photos!!  Tomorrow I will be visiting Alcatraz with my Missouri peeps. This is one place I've never been on all my trips out it, so I'm very excited. Will post pictures from that trip tomorrow.  For now here are a few from today.

Heart Art at Union Square









This one has bar codes all over it. You can scan the bar code to find out more about the pictures that make up the mosaic. Closeups below.








Giant flowers.



A monument to American Imperialism in the Spanish-American War. Inscriptions for each side of base below.








Street Performer at the trolley stop
Cool murals

Ghirardelli Square

San Francisco Bay from Ghirardelli Square

Tall ships

Mermaid fountain








No comments:

Post a Comment